Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sunday Inspiration: Pride

Sunday Inspiration: Pride

Hello,

I'm so happy to share another Sunday Inspiration with you on this very beautiful morning in California. On yesterday I watched one of my favorite movies, Pride and Prejudice, and woke up this morning with one single word on my mind. This word was 'PRIDE'. 


Before going any further in thought, I decided to take a look in the dictionary to find a really good meaning for 'PRIDE'. The meaning I found was:

a high or inordinate opinion of one's own dignity, importance, merit, or superiority, whether as cherished in the mind or as displayed in bearing, conduct, etc.
When I read this definition and remembered the events of the movie, I realized that pride can take on different meanings. If one decides to pride him or herself on being a good tennis player because of their hard work and dedication to the sport, then that's good pride from my perspective. However, if one decides to pride him or herself in such a way that closes others out as if they are the most important person in the world, then that is a negative use of pride. 


I believe that we must all carry some form of pride in ourselves because with this, we are able to fight through those people and matters that try to hinder our personal growth and/or accomplishments. If we carry ourselves with pride in a way that allows people to recognize our confidence and purpose for being, then we are living as examples and not as meager noise feeds. I am not proud, but prideful by how much God has blessed me to use my gifts and talents. I hope that by exploring your hidden gifts and talents within, you are thankful and prideful as well. I'm finding, in my line of work, that many senior citizens are realizing that in retirement, it is the best opportunity to transform their lives. It's a time to look back and be prideful of how much was accomplished and how much is yet to be discovered as one looks ahead. 


Pride can be misunderstood or misrepresented, but it rests in all of us and when properly shown, can set up a whole new journey through life. 


To you and yours this Sunday,
Selena

Pride and Prejudice Rain - Watch Here or Below




Go Back To My Site

No comments:

Post a Comment