Friday, April 29, 2011

HealtheFolk Friday: Recipe from FatFreeVegan.com

New Recipe at Fatfree Vegan Kitchen

Link to FatFree Vegan Kitchen

Thai Green Curry with Vegetables and Tofu
Thai Green Curry with Vegetables and Tofu
I’m not one of those food snobs who thinks that absolutely everything I cook has to be made from scratch. Though I believe that the results are usually better (and more nutritious) when all the ingredients are homemade, I’m not above using packaged ingredients such as vegetable broth or canned beans when the ingredients aren’t polysyllabic. I usually draw the line at using pre-mixed spices, though I make an exception for my beloved Maharajah curry powder and for more time-consuming seasonings like Thai curry pastes. So the first time I made this dish, I used green curry paste from a can, and it was delicious. It wasn’t food snobbery that led me to make my own green curry paste, but curiosity–a desire to see how all the individual ingredients combine to create something completely new. And in the process I found that the beauty of homemade curry paste is that you can still taste all the individual components–the heat of chiles, the sparkle of lime–a quality that’s lost during processing and canning. Homemade really is better.
(...)
Read the rest of Thai Green Curry with Vegetables and Tofu (322 words)






Go Back To My Site

No comments:

Post a Comment