Friday, April 22, 2011

HealtheFolk Friday: Recipe from FatFreeVegan.com

 







This HealtheFolk Friday is brought to you by:

Link to FatFree Vegan KitchenSimple Cabbage and Chickpea Soup with Fresh Basil
Simple Cabbage and Chickpea Soup with Fresh Basil
The day after her 14th birthday, my daughter E leaned against the door to my office and said, “Let’s go on a diet together.”
I was stunned into babbling: “You do not need to go on a diet. You’re a size 0. If you get any smaller, you’ll cease to exist.”
“I know. I don’t want to lose any weight. But it would be fun to do it together.”
I knew where this was coming from. Earlier that day she’d had lunch with a friend and her friend’s “awesome mom” who were doing a low-carb diet together.  She’d watched as her vegetarian friend put all the cheese and vegetables of her sandwich onto one piece of bread and ate it open-faced. She’d told me about the lunch in detail, and I could tell that there was something about the relationship between the mother and daughter that appealed to her, something that she wanted to share with me. And though the idea of her starting down this whole diet path at her age scared me to death, I said, “How about a cabbage soup diet?”  I never dreamed she’d say yes, but she did.
(...)
Read the rest of Simple Cabbage and Chickpea Soup with Fresh Basil (677 words)




 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Learn Now How to Lose Belly Fat and what you will receive with your 31 Day Fat Loss Cure Program. Click Here!




Go Back To My Site

No comments:

Post a Comment