Sunday, May 8, 2011

Sunday Inspiration: Against All Odds

Hello,

We have been blessed to make it to another Sunday Inspiration and today I am going to share a little tidbit of insight on how to prevail against all odds. At any age in life we are faced with situations that just can't be overlooked or shoved into the dresser drawer for another day. Some of us have to face health issues, debt problems, children facing criminal charges, foreclosure on the home, and even death of a loved one unexpectedly. So, how do we as one person overcome these obstacles against all odds?


The first thing some people might do is collapse into a great depression. Other people might isolate themselves from their friends and family to attempt to hide the truth and then there are others who may attempt to make friends with drugs and alcohol. I believe everyone has a friend, family member, or even the person within themselves who have settled on at least one of the above options, however, I myself, have learned to do away with at least one of these above. 

I have learned from much personal development and spiritual wisdom that with every problem and obstacle there is a solution. It may be hidden deep down within us or spoke by a stranger just passing by, but there is a solution. God says,  "if ye seek ye shall find" and I believe this wholeheartedly. Here is a great example of this: 
Have you ever misplaced your keys or a shoe and looked under the bed and in the closet about 10 times and became frustrated, then when you said, okay, I give up, then when you least expected it your keys or shoe just shows up?
This is what I'm referring to when I say seek and ye shall find. When we stop trying to stress ourselves over things that are out of our control and trust in God for a better understanding of our situations, we can rest in His reasoning and just move forward through the problem or obstacle "against all odds". He is the only person you have to answer to for guidance. He will show up and show out in your problem or obstacle if you would only step back and let him do his creative works in your situation. 

I know, personally, in my own life, I get frustrated and wonder why things are happening around me and it makes me sad and worries me, but when I take a step back and sit down in my quiet place and take a breather, I suddenly hear those words in my conscious saying, "trouble don't last always, Selena, and there is a solution to these problems", then I suddenly begin to hear solutions and come across a message on the computer or on the radio if I'm driving and say, "wow, this is such a coincidence". 

Why, is this such a coincidence and amazing? It's a coincidence and amazing because I let go of my own understanding and gave it over to a higher power who knew much more about me and my purpose and situations. He was beginning to work it out. It may take him a week, a month, or even years to fix my mess up, but he gives us free will to teach us how to do better the next time around. So, he is there for us.



In closing, on this Sunday, if you're having to tackle a problem or obstacle, remember that you don't have to go through it alone, because there is someone you don't have to wait to make an appointment with. He is available to you wherever you are and at any time of day or night. I am so thankful for this because sometimes, friends and family mean well, but they just can't tackle some issues that I may have and it's best to give it over to a higher authority of power who can work on it in a more humbling and peaceful way. In the end, teaching me how to react and handle my next problem or obstacle better in the future.

I hope you have a safe and happy Sunday. 

Until next time,
Selena
TheOldFolksKnowBest.com

















Go Back To My Site

No comments:

Post a Comment