Sunday, May 29, 2011

Sunday Inspiration: Believe in Your Abilities

Persistence, Persistence, Persistence...

I can't tell you how relieved I feel sitting and speaking with you on this beautiful Sunday. We have a long weekend and will be celebrating Memorial Day on Monday to thank all of the fallen military men and women who have served our country.
 

This Sunday's Inspiration
It takes a lot out of you to trust that what you believe inside of yourself is enough. Especially, as you graduate into your senior age of life, you feel as if you are not needed as much. However, I know that is not the case at all. I have been blessed to work with seniors in their homes and have learned so much about how to be a better person, but also how to be persistent and believe that what I am striving for is important. When I see my seniors with aches and pains, getting up in the morning to get the morning paper and fixing their breakfast and taking their medications, I just feel so happy. I feel happy because although they have those aches and pain and their bodies may not be cooperating as well as they would like, they haven't given up on their schedule for the day.

Now, how is this related to you and me who may still have the ability to go as we please and drive our cars as we please? Well, some of us who have all these accesses in the world, simply find ourselves in a state of procrastination when we feel stuck. Just this past Friday, I was working on an editing project and the time on the clock felt like it was racing so fast that I couldn't get my footing. I felt my head tightning and I didn't know how I was going to reach the deadline I had for today. I knew I was working diligently, but something would delay with the computer or someone would call on me to help them with something and my time would continue to quickly countdown. However, once everyone left, I stayed persistent and said to myself that I am going to complete this editing and get this project ready for today and I did it. However, "it felt like" all the odds were against me.

What do we do when we feel like all the odds are against us? We must stay consistent, persistent, and believe in our abilities. Through the aches and pains, through the disappointments and unexpected delays, we must continue to know that we have a divine purpose and we have people who are counting on us to arrive safely to our goals.

So, on this Sunday before Memorial day, take in this bit of Sunday Inspiration and know that I am counting on you and your family and friends are counting on you to arrive with "persistence" to your final goals in life. You can do it and you can do it against all odd.

Have a great Sunday with overwhelming blessings,
Selena



Enjoy this amazing video on Courage by Les Brown


Go Back To My Site

No comments:

Post a Comment