Sunday, May 22, 2011

Sunday Inspiration: Not All Suffering and Pain Hurts?

Not all suffering and pain hurts? Sometimes I know it can be hard to understand how can pain and suffering be good for us. This morning I watched this video by Dr. Charles Stanley of In Touch Ministries and he really does a great job of explaining how our suffering and pain sometimes allows us to turn a critical eye on ourselves and understand who we really are. If everything was always going well in our lives, we wouldn't have anything to be thankful for and really mean it because we would be always expecting good things. When we are in a state where we are lacking resources or on our backs in bed with an illness, we then begin to see things in a more humbling manner. 

Personally, I truly believe that in order for me to be the best I can be, I sometimes have to go through pain and when it arrives, it bites down hard and hurt. I don't want to accept it in the beginning, but when I get out of it I am more equipped to deal with a situation better the next time. I see the reason for the season and take it as a learning experience and not a hindrance. However, like you, I have to really trust that what is going on in my life is truly for a reason and repeat this form of thinking over and over in my mind to create a form of truth with it.

On this Sunday, take the time to sit down and look at where you are and what is going on in your life. Ask yourself, as Dr. Charles Stanley says in the video below
"God what are you trying to tell me and what do you want for me to learn and understand from this?" 
You will be surprised at the answer you receive from the pain or suffering from a family member, friend, or just by coming across a front page article that you just happen to run by. 

Until next time, keep your eyes open to the signs and wonders that God has for your life and know that not all suffering and pain is to hurt you. I know this may be hard to accept as we get into our senior years of life but know that they are to truly make you stronger and to move you through this life more efficiently and effectively.

Until next time, God bless.
Selena








Go Back To My Site

No comments:

Post a Comment