Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The President's (Code) Tip for Wednesday 2/23

 The President's (Code) Tip for Wednesday 2/23


As President, he built the Republican Party into a strong national organization. Further, he rallied most of the northern Democrats to the Union cause. On January 1, 1863, he issued the Emancipation Proclamation that declared forever free those slaves within the Confederacy.

Lincoln never let the world forget that the Civil War involved an even larger issue. This he stated most movingly in dedicating the military cemetery at Gettysburg: "that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain--that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom--and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth."

Where am I on TheOldFolksKnowBest.com?
You would find me browsing through the 'Gallery' to see how much I can save, being the son of a Kentucky frontiersman, I had to struggle for a living and for learning"

 Click on me when you find me to go to the Entry Form to Enter My CODE!
Happy Seeking and Good Luck!





Go Back To My Site

No comments:

Post a Comment