Friday, February 25, 2011

The President's (Code) Tip for Friday 2/25

The President's (Code) Tip for Friday 2/25
 
Born in 1822, Grant was the son of an Ohio tanner. He went to West Point rather against his will and graduated in the middle of his class.
Grant maneuvered and fought skillfully to win Vicksburg, the key city on the Mississippi, and thus cut the Confederacy in two. Then he broke the Confederate hold on Chattanooga.

Lincoln appointed him General-in-Chief in March 1864. Grant directed Sherman to drive through the South while he himself, with the Army of the Potomac, pinned down Gen. Robert E. Lee's Army of Northern Virginia.

Finally, on April 9, 1865, at Appomattox Court House, Lee surrendered. Grant wrote out magnanimous terms of surrender that would prevent treason trials.

Where am I on TheOldFolksKnowBest.com? 
 At the outbreak of the Civil War, I was working in my father's leather store in Galena, Illinois. I would recommend that you take a look in 'TheOldFolksShop'!

 Click on me when you find me to go to the Entry Form to Enter My CODE!
 

Happy Seeking and Good Luck!


Go Back To My Site

No comments:

Post a Comment