Sunday, July 17, 2011

Sunday Inspiration: Drowning In Your Love

There comes a time in all of our lives where we figure out and open ourselves up to this factor in life called love

Photo by Yello-Dog
Sometimes it comes in like a breath of fresh air and sometimes it's unplanned and takes us by surprise. More and more as I watch entertainment news broadcasts, it makes me uneasy inside to see how many people fall in and out of love so quickly. 

I question:  

Why they chose to pursue the journey of love in the first place? Why would they put themselves in a situation to damage the path of love for themselves and the other person when they know what the final outcome will be?

This past week, I have been very fortunate to have spent a lot of time with a couple that will be celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary this coming December. When you see these two little people communicating with each other and tending to their daily life together as if they have just met, it started to dawn on me what to share with you for this Sunday Inspiration titled, Drowning in Your Love.


I am no rocket scientist on love and I believe that love is a very sensitive place to be for anyone at any age. We are at our most vulnerable state of being when we have truly tapped into the love factor of ourselves. Have you ever met someone in high school, while walking the dog, or through a best friend and felt a connection that is so undeniable that you couldn't help but desire to pursue it, but felt as if you would almost drown if you accepted the affects of it? 


I, personally, love to love people and accept people for who they are because I am one with a love that is most sensitive and enjoy the times to capture the purity of love amongst people. However, when you seek and find the love that is way beyond the superficial, it is one that will cause you to feel as if you are drowning in your love for them. 

Personally, I don't dare say that I am an expert on love, but I can say that there is One who fills me with perfect love, so intense that I feel as if I am drowning. I trust God to fulfill the love that's so desperately needed when times are just hard and I am out of balance with my path or purpose. 


In closing, in this life it is so special to see true love. To see how strong love can endure through Alzheimer's Disease, Dementia, War, and even Death. When love is given purely, there is no one or nothing that can break that bond. We all may falter on who we want people to think we are or see us as, but when love is truly experienced from a pure and vulnerable place the hold we have on ourselves is void and we can do nothing but embrace the inevitable.


Love and blessings to you this Sunday,
Selena




Go Back To My Site

No comments:

Post a Comment