Sunday, June 19, 2011

Your Triumph - Spirit of the Marathon: Sunday Inspiration

This morning I was tossing and turning in my thoughts and wondering what to say to you for our Sunday Inspiration. Then, I took a deep breath and became one with my mind, body, and spirit, and began to feel so alive and as if I've completed my first marathon. In retrospect, I can say that in these past few months, for me, it has been a true test of will and courage.

This feeling of achievement and burst of energy led me to a great video, The Spirit of the Marathon, to share with you how your triumph is transformational. I don't know how many times I say to myself, "when is the day going to come when I have reached the place in my life where I feel just right, not too anxious, not too complacent, but right in the middle?" Then I realized that the best place to be is in the state of being where you feel as if you have triumphed over something greater than you could possibly imagine.

In this video, these marathon runners are of different age groups. They all have their own personal stories of why they decided to test their will-power and bodies for 26 miles of road. They train and train, some just hoping to reach the finish line to prove to themselves that they can do it. Others, use their marathon journey as a form of financial inspiration for their families in other parts of the world.

The affects that your triumph has on you depends on how long and hard the road is to achieving what you personally believe is neverending.


On this Sunday, take the time to look in the mirror and place your hand over your heart and say these words:
I choose to triumph over that which is greater than myself
by trusting that I can with what I have, presently, inside and out.
Peace be with you,
Selena



Go Back To My Site

No comments:

Post a Comment